At NNF we are especially grateful this year for two things:
- U.S. ski clubs and organizations worked hard to put on safe races to keep their junior and master skiers motivated throughout the season.
- FIS put on an incredible season of World Cup races and our U.S. athletes were able to travel, train, and race successfully while staying healthy.
Thank you to NNF donors, partners, and supporters. With your help the NNF funded these Pillar Projects and helped U.S. athletes strive for excellence in an especially challenging year:
- World Junior/U23 Funding
- World Cup Athlete Funding
- REG Camp Outreach and Athlete Shirts
- Division Grants
- Athlete Grants – This year NNF was able to support six athletes as part of the NNF Athlete Grants. We followed their season as they worked towards their goals. We’d like to highlight just a few of their achievements. Rosie Frankowski and Ian Torchia both won the classic American Birkebeiner. Hannah Halvorsen earned her first World Cup points on the circuit this year. JC Schoonmaker earned World Cup points and raced in his first World Championships. Logan Diekmann and Leah Lange raced in the U.S. achieving top results and Leah was able to travel to and train in Norway.
We look forward to a more normal summer of training and are excited for the upcoming Olympic year. U.S. Ski Team training camps are coming up soon and athletes are starting their first training block of the upcoming season. There is plenty to look forward to in 2021-2022!! Go Team U.S.A.!!!