Drive for 25
Drive For 25 2022
Dates: November 21st-25th
Goal: 1000 Individual Donors
Goal (*NEw*): Raise $100,000
The National Nordic Foundation is a grassroots effort by American skiers to support American skiing.
During our annual Drive for 25 skiers from across the country have the opportunity to pair our collective donations with matching funding opportunities; amplifying our giving community and making the NNF mission: to support athletic excellence in developing Nordic athletes in the United States a vivid and exciting reality. Join the Drive today!
Help NNF Unlock a pair of $100,000 matching grants ($200,000 total)!
- An Exciting Goal for 2022: A generous donor has stepped up to challenge the American ski community. With 1000 individual donations of $25 or more a $100,000 match will go directly towards funding NNF pillar projects for the upcoming season. We have a unique opportunity to amplify our giving via this goal, and in the process, set US skiing on a firm platform for success this season and beyond!
- NEW: With our strong start in the first 2 days of this year’s D25, another generous donor has set a bigger challenge for the American ski community: unlock another matching grant of $100,000 by raising a total of $100,000 from donations.
We now have the opportunity to unlock two matching grants worth a total of $200,000:
- $100,000 unlocked if we reach 1000 individual donations (original goal).
- + $100,000 unlocked if we reach $100,000 raised through donations (NEW additional goal).
TOTAL = $200,000 in matching grants towards the future of US Skiing.
Where we are:
- The 2021-22 ski season was the most successful in US skiing history: Olympic medals, World Cup podiums, and another team medal at the World Junior Ski Championships marked impressive milestones. Closer to home, the SuperTour returned to a full schedule for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic began and saw more skiers, from more clubs, in more places, competing than ever before.
- NNF Pillar Projects have already made possible a successful offseason, laying the scaffolding for US skiing to capitalize on its momentum this winter.
- REG, NTG, and NEG, and U16 camps ran a successful program this summer, allowing many talented skiers to engage for the first time with the national development system.
- International Exchanges – Top US juniors prepared to compete on a world-class level with their peers from around the world.
- Trail to Gold and Athlete Grants – Partnering with the Women Ski Coaches Association (WSCA), NNF will for the first time sponsor a group of talented women coaches as they gain World Cup experience this season.
Where we are going:
- We need your help to continue making Nordic skiing an equitable environment where the best American skiers can pursue every dream they have and inspire our wider Nordic community.
- Pillar Projects: This winter, NNF will deliver funding that gives junior athletes their first international experience, bolsters the credentials of talented coaches on the World Cup, and helps those on a path to international competitive excellence stay the course.
- SuperTour: NNF is again the title sponsor for the top domestic ski series in the country. Where skiers, and clubs have a chance to join together and push each other, and our sport, forward.
Become an Ambassador!
To become an ambassador and start a fundraising campaign for the Drive for 25, please click on the links below.
Create a Challenge Grant!
Interested in Doubling your contribution, create a challenge grant! Contact Reese for more info.