Celebrating club excellence in US Skiing throughout the SuperTour season
***NEW: The University of Utah Ski Team has been Awarded the 2023 NNF Cup!***
The National Nordic Foundation is proud to announce the return of the NNF Cup as presenting partner with the US SuperTour
The NNF Cup celebrates club excellence in US Skiing by acting as a club competition scored throughout the course of the 2022-2023 SuperTour season. In partnership with US Ski and Snowboard and the US SuperTour, the NNF is proud to support the premier domestic competition in US skiing and its critical role in building a world class development system for nordic skiing in the United States.
Originally launched in 2012, the NNF Cup celebrates club excellence in America’s premier domestic ski competition by tallying performance of club teams across the SuperTour season. The NNF Cup was awarded to Alaska Pacific University last season.
The recent success of the US on the World Cup and at the Olympic level has been fueled by a renewed commitment by US ski clubs to provide a club structure that supports athletes from their time as Juniors through to post-college senior professional racing. With the NNF CUP, the National Nordic Foundation wants to celebrate the spirit and creativity at play in providing US skiers with structured programs for their continued development, and nod to the competitive nature of these programs by adding a club-wide aspect to their performance-oriented goals.
“Not only do the clubs create a positive learning and skill development environment for the youth, but they also provide essential support to develop athletes and surround themselves with high-level coaches and race service staff. The NNF Cup is a way we can recognize the efforts of our clubs, and our Board of Directors is happy to sponsor it again this season.”
NNF Cup Rules
- At All SuperTour Races, Score top 3 club skiers who finish in the top 10 using Continental Cup scoring.
- Athletes may only score points for one club.
- Additional points available to clubs for qualifying athletes for NNF Development Projects:
- 15 points for athletes qualifying and attending U16 Camp. No limit per club.
- 30 points per athlete qualifying and attending U18, World Juniors and U23 World Championships. No limit per club.
- 30 points per athlete named to World Championships or Olympic Games team. No limit per club.
- There will be three team standings: Male, Female and Overall
- Overall winner will win the NNF Cup, awarded a traveling trophy and $3,000 cash prize.
The US SuperTour is the highest level of ski competition in the United States. Running from November in Sovereign Lakes British Columbia through SuperTour finals in March at Craftsbury, the US SuperTour encompasses National Championships and plays a key role in determining US representation at the World Cup and FIS World Ski Championships in Planica, Slovenia February 21st-March 5th.
The National Nordic Foundation is proud to partner with US Ski and Snowboard to present the 2022-2023 US SuperTour. For more information and current individual standings, click the button below: